Health Literacy Forum:
Building a Community Network to Improve Health
In recognition of Health Literacy Month and to encourage the development of a network to increase awareness and foster collaboration to improve health literacy efforts in our community, the University of Michigan Health Sciences Libraries (HSL) will be hosting a two-day event, October 22-23. On the evening of the 22nd, a panel discussion of health literacy initiatives on campus and statewide will begin at 5:30, followed by a poster session and strolling dinner.
HSL invites researchers, faculty, students, health care providers, librarians, and educators to submit poster abstracts for any health literacy project or program.
Examples of programs and projects:
· Evaluation and translation of patient education materials
· Health literacy and informed consent
· Health literacy, technology and disease management
· Improving health outcomes through better communication
· Language, literacy and culture: Communication of health concepts
· Latinos, health literacy and social support
· Literacy and health care utilization
· Numeracy and risk communication
· Medical interpreters and English as a Second Language populations
Deadline for poster abstract submission is September 21st, 2009.
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email by September 28th, 2009.
Please include the following information along with your poster abstract
(150 word max).
Project team members
Primary contact email
Primary contact phone
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org