Are you a UM student, staff member, retiree, or spouse/Other Qualified Adult (OQA) of a faculty or staff member who is interested in improving your fitness, diet and wellness?
If yes, Active U is the program for you!
What is Active U? Active U is a FREE 12-week physical activity challenge & nutrition resource that is designed for every fitness and activity level. Join as an individual or become part of a team. By tracking your physical activity minutes in the online Active U Tracker every week and getting weekly nutrition updates, you will become more active and even learn healthier eating tips!
When do I need to register by? Register for Active U by February 5th to receive the full benefits of the program.
- *You can join a team until February 18
- * To use the mobile application, you must register on your computer by February 15th at 5 PM
What do I get for participating in the program? On top of improving your health and wellness by participating in Active U, By participating in Active U and logging your activity each week, you could be eligible for a $100 (before-tax) incentive, an Active U T-shirt and prize drawings. Active U participants who log activity minutes between April 9 and April 29 will be entered into a drawing each day for a $50 gift card. One winner will be chosen at random once logging for that day has closed (one week after the date). There will be 15 winners in all! Spouses/OQA’s are not eligible to win the $50 prize. There are also lots of other fun prizes you could win!
How do I successfully complete the Active U program?
- Be physically active at least 30 minutes per day, at least 3 days per week.
- Log your physical activity minutes across at least three days per week.
- Meet the first two requirements (minimum 30 minutes of activity per day, 3 days per week) at least 8 out of the 12 Active U weeks.
- Answer the post-program questions (available beginning April 4.)
*More information on Active U completion requirements can be found in Frequently Asked Questions.
To learn more about Active U, visit here.