500 million people worldwide are living with either chronic hepatitis B or C. While this is far higher than the prevalence of HIV or any cancer, awareness is inexplicably low and the majority of those infected are unaware.
Here’s 5 things YOU can do to help celebrate World Hepatitis Day this Sunday, July 28th!
- Take 5 minutes to find out whether or not you are at risk for Hepatitis with CDC’s online assessment tool.
- Learn more about all types of hepatitis.
- Promote awareness of hepatitis with promotional materials from the World Hepatitis Alliance.
- Learn how to avoid infection.
- Talk to a friend, family member, or neighbor about what you have learned and spread the knowledge!